Famous for its links with the Robin Hood legend, Nottingham is a city in England’s East Midlands region. Although population of the actual city is 306,700, the larger urban area is more than double that at 670,000. It contains Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem, which claims to be England’s oldest inn.
Shopping in Nottingham City Centre
According to Experian’s list of the UK top 15 retail area, Nottingham city centre comes fifth. Historically, the main shopping street in Nottingham is Bridlesmith’s Gate, which has been around since the Middle Ages. These days it is pedestrianised and contains a large number of designer shops, such as:
• Ted Baker – British shop selling high quality designer clothes.
• Kurt Geiger – American footwear shop, selling its own brand plus other major designer shoes.
• Diseal – Italian fashion store for young adults.
• Reiss – British shop selling men’s and women’s clothes.
Zones of Nottingham City Centre
In 2009, a parking scheme called Nottingham Parksmart was introduced to make parking easier in the city centre. As part of the scheme, the city centre was divided up into five zones, which are:
• Victoria – featuring the Victoria Centre, once the site of the Nottingham Victoria railway station, but now home to a shopping centre.
• Lace Market – once upon a time this was home to the Nottingham lace industry, but is now a fashionable area with restaurants and apartments.
• Broadmarsh – home to Nottingham railways station, the Courts, and the Broadmarsh shopping centre.
• Castle – the largest of the five zones, it covers the city centre’s western side and contains Nottingham castle.
• Royal – close to the Old Market Square, the Royal Zone contains the Royal Concert Hall and the Theatre Royal.
Nottingham Letting Agents
If you live in Nottingham City Centre and you have a property you would like to let, we can assist you in getting highest rent and also ensure your property is properly maintained. Nottingham Lettings are one of the best Nottingham city centre letting agents and are dedicated to getting you the best deal on letting our your property.