Nottingham Property Management Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we adhere to the ICO guidelines in addition to further guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018.
Data Controller: Nottingham Property Management Ltd t/a Nottingham Lettings
Registered Address: 39 Oakdale Road, Nottingham NG3 7EL
ICO Registration Number: ZA144682
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information you provide to us through our website, via your call, via your email or via other means, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting this website or providing your personal information to us in person, by phone, by email or by post, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please note that this includes consenting to the processing of any sensitive personal information you provide, as described below.
Information we collect about you
- Information you provide to us:
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or otherwise.
The personal information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and other information about yourself to enable us to process your application to rent from us or to ask us about the services we may be able to provide to you.
- Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you from one of our tenants, Landlords or contractors if they think we may be able to help you look for a property to rent or rent out, or if they think you may be interested in working with ourselves.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your requests, where applicable:
- to try to fulfil and resolve any requests you ask of us when contacting us;
- to complete your application to stand as Guarantor or become our tenant;
- to renew your application to remain as Tenant/Guarantor;
- to complete your application for us to manage your property or to carry out works on your behalf;
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us in relation to a property letting or rental, or ad hoc service we are able to provide to you.
- Service improvements and account management:
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to correspond with you relating to your rental property;
- to administer any promotion in relation to renting a property from ourselves;
- to manage and operate your rental account with us.
- Legitimate interests:
- to register you as Landlord/Tenant with appropriate utility companies as liable for charges relating to TV license, water, gas, electricity, internet and council tax, where applicable.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information in connection with the purposes described above. We only work with companies who have agreed to comply with the GDPR regulations and we may share your personal information in certain circumstances with but not limited to the following:
- The Landlord(s), Owner(s) and their representative(s).
- Selected contractors, builders, handyman services, maintenance people for the purposes of arranging access to repair any maintenance issues you have reported, or to carry out periodic checks, inspections, inventories and maintenance.
- Selected credit referencing agencies in order to complete your application to become our Tenant or to stand as a Guarantor.
In order to obtain your credit score, they may search external sources such as the electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy registers, UK credit reference agencies and education sources, where relevant, to check and assess the information you provide. These searches may be recorded by credit agencies but will not affect your credit standing.
- We may share with or sell to third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you, such as age, date of birth, gender, University in attendance and your hometown name.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificates to enhance the security of our Site and Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is required for the relevant activity, or as required by law.
Our personal emails to you may contain links to websites depending on how we can best meet the nature of your enquiry. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to know what personal information is held about you by Nottingham Property Management Ltd. There may be a £10 fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. The information will be emailed to you in the form of attachments where possible, and by other means at our discretion if we are unable to send by email.